Pure Wool Insulation is Safe in Fires
In building fire fatalities, 9 out of 10 deaths are caused by toxic fumes, rather than the fire itself. Natural wool insulation is fire-resistant, and will not produce toxic fumes.
Natural Wool is able to resist flames and does not easily ignite, due to its high nitrogen and water content. Because there is not enough oxygen to
allow it to burn, wool will self-extinguish. Not only is wool flame retardant but it also does not emit noxious fumes which are toxic when inhaled. If burned, wool will not melt or drip like synthetic products, which quickly spread fire and fumes.
The safety of Natural Wool is the reason why wool is chosen by the preservation, hospitality, and contract sector to use in public buildings, as well as being endorsed by fire protection services around the world. For the same reason, wool carpet is the standard used in High-end Aircraft and boat carpets and upholstery.
When a home is insulated with natural wool, the occupants can rest assured that their families will not breathe in toxic fumes in the event of a fire.